3 Mar 2011

The Barn, Berlin

Most of my friends know my current attitude towards my country of birth is one of resentment and I have itchy feet to get out, even if it's just for a while. My mum kindly offered to take me on vacation for a few days so we went to Berlin. I love the city, we visited when I was 17 but it was great to return as a more confident, adventurous person.

Obviously I researched coffee shops before leaving and three sounded particularly promising. The Barn was a 15 min walk from our apartment in Prenzlauer Berg and is pretty fucking tiny - definitely not one to go and sit in unless you don't care about personal space (I do and almost made my mum cry on another occasion when I told her to get the fuck out of my face. I am a brat).



It does do great coffee. Like, really fucking good. It was the best I had during the trip. I got a flat white and it reminded me of the coffee from Prufrock @ Present. Milk was perfect, espresso was perfect, whole execution was extremely enjoyable. My mum also agreed that it was the one she preferred.

Prenzlauer Berg is a cool neighborhood, made me feel kind of at home cuz it has an East London vibe going on. You can walk to Mitte too if it's a nice day going past the Museum area which is pretty epic.


Obviously I got no foam art. Obviously. Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment